Antique Radio Meet, Minneapolis, MN

Not sure yet if I'll be able to attend, a customer of mine brought in the brochure for me knowing I was interested in tube stuff. It's main focus is on radios, but there is a swap meet that should have all sort of vintage goodies available. The pics from the last couple years look interesting.

Just passing it on to anyone in the area that may want to attend. Date is May 18 &19, pre-registration is $16 and covers the family.

http://www.geocities.com/northland.geo/

I lived in Belgium for a few years and picked up two OLD tube radios. The best thing about them is they were free. Folks were just throwing them away, on one of those put your big trash out by the curb days. Neither worked but looked good cosmetically. I saw several others and wanted to get them but my future wife said I was nuts and would only let me keep the two. I moved them around for several years and when we moved to Dallas, I pulled out the yellow pages and found several folks that fixed old radios. The first guy I went to offered me several hundred for one of them and then also told me it would cost several hundred to replace. I walked out and told him I would just keep it for looks. That really made me want to get them working. My next step was to draw a diagram and mark the tubes as I took them out. I remembered as a kid going to a store to check the tubes from our TV. So I went to another shop but this time just took the tubes in to be tested. Two were bad, they had replacements and I took them home put all the tubes back in and both radios work great. One has a cool see-saw dial that has city names instead of numbers. Turns out that where we are now one of the local channels hits right on Paris, I mess with the kids and ask them if they want to hear what the Paris station is playing, my oldest got wise when she was listening to the same channel on here mp3 player.