Hooking up a KSW-12

kirath

I just bought a KSW-12 and I need some help hooking it up... I did a search to see if there were any other threads on this, but I did not find anything. Sorry if I am being redundant..

But the hook ups in the back have 2 rcaj and the standard speaker wire hookup.

The RCA's are label (lfe) O left and 0 right.

I have one output from my receiver. Should I just get one RCA wire and hook it into the Left RCA jack or should I get a Y-cable???

I just wanted to know which way it should be hooked up... Thanks

More output..??? The documentation that I have read so far suggets using the LFE, or the .1 channel hookup, which would be one RCA cable.. You would not necc. get better output by using a y-cable.. Maybe I am wrong, I might just by a Y and try it both ways. I do appreciate the response though.

If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate your feed back.

This is out of the KSW-12 manual: "You can connect a mono subwoofer output on your electronics to the L/LFE input using a single interconnect cable. If there is an inadequate amount of subwoofer volume even with the level control set to maximum, add a Y cord to the subwoofer end of the cable and connect to both line inputs. This will provide a significant (6dB) increase in the subwoofer's output level." Hope this helps you out.

Someone was asking how to hookup his sub in the home theatre forum, this was my reply to him:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I built the cable for my KSW-12 out of a 50' length of this stuff from Radio Shack. It's a bit unorthadox, but it sure works. If you want to try the same it's part #15-1568, quad shielded low-loss antenna cable. Really thick stuff. Then get 2 plugs, one for your receiver, and one for the LFE jack on the sub. Fit them to each end of the cable. Cost me about 30 bucks total.