Forte 2 wall spacing

Forte2me

It's four teensy little holes drilled for the hold down brackets.

Our own Steve Phillips improved it one more notch by suggesting that you could back out four of the Forte screws, mark and drill out the perimeter of the grille frame, then reinstall the screws for a 'no-drill- grille!

Here's some notes on what I did. Upper Left clockwise

Parts Express waffle grille showing part number 260-375 economy grille, and 260-340 grille clamp (1 each required per speaker)

I used 'T' square to mark lightly on either side for alignment of grille squares, pencil marks erase completely.

After marking for four brackets at 45 degree angles (you can't put one at 6 o'clock position because jack cup is in the way), I marked for each hole and drilled small pilot with tape on drill bit to control depth- NOT to puncture through the back panel. As stated earlier, if you want to drill through the grille border and utilize four of the existing woofer screws, be my guest.

Completed Uber-cool heavy duty look. You'll only see these when you dust. (which if you're single, is rare)

Total project cost about $15 per pair.

post-10755-13819330703726_thumb.jpg

Here's some notes on what I did. Upper Left clockwise

Parts Express waffle grille showing part number 260-375 economy grille, and 260-340 grille clamp (1 each required per speaker)

I used 'T' square to mark lightly on either side for alignment of grille squares, pencil marks erase completely.

After marking for four brackets at 45 degree angles (you can't put one at 6 o'clock position because jack cup is in the way), I marked for each hole and drilled small pilot with tape on drill bit to control depth- NOT to puncture through the back panel. As stated earlier, if you want to drill through the grille border and utilize four of the existing woofer screws, be my guest.

Completed Uber-cool heavy duty look. You'll only see these when you dust. (which if you're single, is rare)

Total project cost about $15 per pair.

Michael, couldn't we just keep the wife, kids, and pets in cages and away from the speakers? I could give instructions for that.

.....and when did you become a "house"?

• 2 weeks later...