Settings for hookup a KSW-10 w/ Yamaha HTR-5540

gbogom

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

I'm trying to figure out the best hookup for both movie and music for the Yamaha HTR-5540 and the usbwoofer KSW-10. I hooked up the sub out from the receiver to the left input line on the subwoofer and the sound is not that great compare to my previous sub.

I saw on the receivers some setup for speakers, to define them as small and large, also for the subwoofer to play on the main speakers and subwoofer but don't know what I need to change on the receiver in order to get the most from the KSW-10

I will appreciate any input and advice.

Thanks in advance

From what you appear to be using listed in other posts, set all your speakers to small. Low pass on the sub at 120, this lets the yamaha us it's 80 Hz setting, phase at 0, not a problem to set the gain on the sub all the way up. But if you need more output from the sub, try a Y addapter into both the right and left line ins. It is an experiment to see what sounds the best in your room, play with the settings and location of your sub for best results

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

I'm trying to figure out the best hookup for both movie and music for the Yamaha HTR-5540 and the usbwoofer KSW-10. I hooked up the sub out from the receiver to the left input line on the subwoofer and the sound is not that great compare to my previous sub.

I saw on the receivers some setup for speakers, to define them as small and large, also for the subwoofer to play on the main speakers and subwoofer but don't know what I need to change on the receiver in order to get the most from the KSW-10

I will appreciate any input and advice.

Thanks in advance

Without knowing what the rest of your system & room size/layout it's a little hard to give specifics but I'll give it a shot.

I'm running an HT-5550, RF-3 II mains & RW-10d so we're kinda similar .... under Speaker Set, I have mains set to Large &

the Subwfr set to Both. Under HP Tone Control I put the Bass to +3 & Treble to -2. On the sub, the low pass is set to 65.

I get pretty good low sound but I also have tile floors. Hope this helps ... & as always, YMMV.

peace, mitch