looking to add amplifier to system

risky

I'm thinking about adding an amplifier to my system. Possible choices outlaw 7500, rotel 1095,ati 1805 and emotiva mps1 . Is anybody using these amplifiers in their system I would appreciate some input.

I am using the Outlaw 7700 amp and its 990 prepro. They have great equipment and are equally great people to do business with. They will back you 1000% to make sure you are completely satisfied. My amp powers a pair of hungry vintage JBL L100Ts, and some early synergys that fill in for a 7 channel HT. Even though I have had the JBLs for over 20 years, they never sounded better than when I hooked them up to this amp. Previously powered by a 125wpc NAD 216 THX amp. I willl be upgrading my speakers later this year. The 83's and the 64 center are at the top of my list, but I sure hate to retire the JBLs. Those little synergy's are great bang for the buck, so I can hardly imagine what the reference speakers can do. The folks at Outlaw also have a forum and you can get a lot of feedback over there also.

Thanks Steve you won't be disapointed when you upgrade. The 83's,64 and 62's are amazing. I just feel I need more power the 83's just sound a little strained in the two channel music. Outlaw is at the top of my list right now.

I also think that you will love the 7500. I currently have the 750, 5x165 but discontinued, from Outlaw. I have that running off the Outlaw 950, also discontinued. I have them hooked up to 83 fronts with the 64 center and 52 surrounds. The previous amp that I had hooked up to this setup was the Outlaw 7100, 7x100. I heard a big difference from the speakers with that change so I can't imagine how this setup will sound with the 7500.

So in short all I can say is good for it.

Good luck and keep us updated.

James

I really like my 7500, runs pretty cool in an open rack. It is basically an ATI. Outlaw service is outstanding. Checkout their forum called the saloon. I've never heard Rotel but lot of folks use them with Klipsch. If this is your first outboard amp you will love the difference in sound. Read this

• 3 weeks later...

I juat recieved notice that my outlaw 7500 was shipped today. I also recieved my acoustic panels from ats today. I'm impressed with quality of panels they have a nice beveled edge. I have temporarily placed some of the panels. Wow what a difference soundstage seems to be deeper and wider. I can't wait to get new amp and panels installed .

Fedex delivered my outlaw 7500 Tuesday. I had installed my ats acoustic panels Monday and what a difference they made in the sound . I installed Amp Tuesday evening I have fighting a little ground loop issue but I think I got it whipped. I sat down and listened to some music and some movie scenes this evening. All I can say is system is amazing! This might be the best money I have spent in awhile. Arky I will try to gets pics posted some time soon.