Need Advice on fixing a broken crossover!!!

An idiot family member decided to knock over one of my speakers and not tell me, needless to say, the HF driver broke loose and took out part of the transformer on the crossover on the way down

my question is this: on the transformer is the coil plain copper wire, or is it copper wire with really thin insulation on it, because the wire is nicked pretty good, and is the function of the plastic part at the bottom of it just there to hold the wires together in a coil?

The sooner someone helps me out, the better... i'm literally sitting here soldering iron in hand [Y]

Thanks!

well i patched it up and its good to go... Sounds the same as the others even at high volume so im not to worried, but i switched it with one of the rear speakers so it would get less of a workout.

You know, these sat's sound pretty good with a separate amp and a little bit of parametric eq...

• Klipsch Employees

true, they are not bad for a computer speaker.  They are ment to receive only 165Hz and up.  there is eq in the amp that they should be used with. Therefore, to get them even close to what they should be, you will need that EQ. 

If you have the sub with them, I suggest you use the sub to drive the sats, and send the pre out from your receiver to the sub's input. This way you get what the sats want. Just remember to set the output on your receiver to LARGE, that way the sub can do its job.