To be or not to be OUT OF PHASE

Im using 2 sets of CF-3s front and rear in a 13ft x 26ft room speakers are approx 7ft apart each set that is. When at one end of the room or the other that have a lot of depth (bass) , go to the center of the room the depth just isnt there. they sound good still but there is a very noticable difference. Should i run 1 set out of phase to correct this , or is this a speaker placement issue? I havent tried this ,do to im not sure as what it may or may not do to my speakers or amplifier. Currently both sets of speakers are going through a spec1 preamp (pioneer) using the A-B SPEAKER SELECTOR. For the amp im using a Phase linear 400 2 ch. The output of the amplifier feeds the preamp which in turns feeds the speakers. Im only using this configuration until i get my Pioneer spec 2 s (amps) back from service, then each set of speakers will have its own amplifier source. Any help would be greatful ......

Why are you running them as two stereo sets on opposing walls? As opposed to a single stereo set or in a more of a typical HT set up? Think your killing the soundstage. Is this set up for dancing?

Either way attempt to move the CF-3 farther out into the room. If that does not achieve effective results look at room treatments or perhaps a consider a subwoofer, as it would allow you to move it around the room in such a way to hopefully correct the room modes that are causing you to percieve less bass at your listening position.

Thanks Bill , no its not a dance floor unless we have one of those nights lol[D]. Anyway im still learning here, I love sound quality i know that you should have a stage set persay. Withe 4 Cf3s i dont really have 1 wall to put them against , so thats why there at each end of the room . The room is 12ft x27ft ranch style home. I have thought of putting the 50" plasma on the wall and then i could put 2 Cf3s on each side on the same wall . I know it sounds abit much , but hey i like it. You just cant have to much [*-)] Do you think with all 4 speakers on the same wall seperated of course 2left and 2right the stage will be there and the over all sound will be alot more defined with depth? Thanks Chris

My music room is 18X18 with a 10 ft ceiling.. My house was built in 1850 when labor was cheap and home construction stout... 3 of the walls are 18" thick brick. 3 layers of bricks each. The 4th wall is latte with plaster. Floor is oak under carpet. Very solid sound stage.. I tried hooking up my cornwalls and lascala along the same wall at the same time and did not like it. What I found basically was 2 competing soundstages... If you stacked your cf3's on top of each other you might get around this issue... I just found that 4 together really muddied the soundstage.. YMMV but this is the effect I got...

dave

Thanks Dave , stacking is out of the question do to these Cf3s stand 41" tall each . Ive got 8ft ceilings , that would just throw my girl for a loop . Although i have thought about it . Maybe 1 day when shes gone ill get a forklift in here and do that lol. I having one of those days you just cant get your music to sound the way you want it too. Does anyone else have this problem ? It really sucks ! [:^)]

"Double-stereo" is fine if you just want a lot of sound.

If you want to really immerse yourself into your music however, you'll want to stick with a single pair. Otherwise, you'll miss out on what great studio engineers spend their entire lives trying to accomplish which is the closest possible re-creation of being there. "Soundstage" is a quite literal term. On a good stereo recording, you should hear the music as if you were at a live performance, sitting stage center in the front row (front row on my klipsch anyway [;)]. 4 speaker double-stereo would simulate two bands playing the exact same song both in front of you and behind you. It gets hard to pinpoint things with all that extra sound reflection going on.