New components for Klipsch system!

UFObuster

WOW!!!, what to say: after a lot of input from you guys in HT and the 2-channel forum, I just finished doing this upgrade:

Added: Rotel RSP-1068 processor, RT-1084 tuner....Took out the Yamaha RX-V2600 A/V receiver (130wpc).

Added: Rotel RMB-1075 (120wpc) amp for surround/center/back....to go along with the RB-1080 (200wpc) 2 channel front (for the RF-7).

Wow!! is all I can say...would be embarassed to drag out all the cliches about what these components do for Klipsch but I NEVER heard the RF-7 sound like this!

A little history: I dipped into Klipsch with the RF-5 for fronts on my older Onkyo A/V receiver replacing some Def-tech BP-6 towers, etc. Needless to say, this was a stunner....and I woke up an old passion for getting some quality sound. Pushed ahead getting the Yammi mentioned above (a CES product of the year-2006 and well loved on other forums) to raise the power and processing ante...seemed like a good center piece...especially since it did a creditable job with 2 channel by-pass...which I loved from my old days living with a pair of wonderful Advent speakers (in the '70s) and Dual turntable etc.

Next, being impressed with the clarity and sound-stage of the RF-5...I observed the model change in early '06 and jumped a deal on a pair of RF-7. RF-5 went to surround [8], and I was temporarily happy...until I found this forum....which is like getting a social disease[6]. Convinced I needed to tweak a little more, I got the RC-7 center (replacing RC-35)....and in retrospect...found the Yammi having a big job to do... I liked the 7's but it wasn't like....wow...or anything. And I was having a nagging thing with some harsh high-end...listening to an Allison Krause solo was a little "edgy". So, what to do?

From this forum...I learned more about component matching...and the "quirkiness" of the RF-7...got a Rotel RB-1080 amp for them...and BINGO....first taste of what Klipsch is supposed to sound like! Well, as many of you know, this is like walking into quicksand. As good as the Yammi was...why was my system failing?...power, current, design, etc?....hell, I'm not an engineer! [*-)] So, keying off of the success of the Rotel/RF-7 match...I was all over this forum....HT and 2 channel....discussed some "take-home" options with the local Rotel guy...got out the check-book...and took the plunge.

So, the config is now 6.1 (Klipsch RSW-10 sub), the Rotel separates...placed the left-over RC-35 in the center back. What can I say that's not been said.? I've barely done more than just get the connections sorted out...no tweaking yet...and the sound is simply amazing! 2-channel is like nothing I ever heard...even in demos....and the surround is...well...WOW!!

Left-overs: when all is written and said, the Yamaha/Klipsch combo just didn't work...power?...maybe. Bright?..yes. Or maybe, it's just the price difference...I can't really say....but it's like the "Duke" said....if it sounds good, it is good!....I'll be exploring more of the RSP-1068 capabilities...and maybe join discussions on where the video/HDMI/HD-DVD thing goes....but for now...sound quality is the issue which is why I decided to go ahead with this. Even if a model change is coming this fall...the turnaround in the market of HD content and players is still long from settled.

I'm in that happy mode now that many of you have been in before.....rediscovering what my CD collection should have sounded like...trying out new stuff...etc...even my Wife could hear the difference...and that is saying something!!.....Gotta go!

Roger