Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme

philtubes

Welcome to the forum. Preamps, eh? Well, I have quite a few. I have several solid state preamps--a GAS Thalia and a Hafler 110. In tube preamps I have a Dynaco PAS 2 with full Curcio mods an Audio Research SP-8 Mk II, and my Blueberry Xtreme. I bought the Blueberry Xtreme because I'm an old dude and I have a lot of vinyl and the Blueberry has a nice phono stage built in. I guess Mark has a lot of vinyl too. Juicy Music has other preamps without phono. If you don't do vinyl, no need for the phono stage. I was encouraged to try a Blueberry because of its fine reputation among many Forum members here. I was not disappointed.

The Blueberry is the smoothest most detailed sounding preamp I have owned and listened to with my K-horns. It sounded a little unspectacular to me at first--very smooth but almost too smooth compared to the ARC SP-8. The ARC has way too much gain for the K-Horns though so the sound wasn't as smooth. Once I got used to the BB, I began to notice it had more detail. I could listen deeper into the mix, pick out clearly more voices, timbres, etc. in the music. I am sure there are probably others here who will have other first choices in preamps, but I think, for the money, the BB is a very good value.

Mark Deneen hangs around on this forum a lot, and I must say, he is a pleasure to deal with. He answers questions in a straightforward manner, and is attentive to questions from his customers.

BTW, another HUGH improvement for me was getting a pair of Welborne SET 300B amps. If you have a chance to try a pair of SET amps, I recommend you give them a listen too.

Best,

George Roland

Mark Deneen makes an excellent product!! And he's a wonderful person to work with.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had listened to a forum member's Merlin and decided I liked it enough to take the plunge and get the BBX. The BBX takes the Merlin concept to a whole different level. The sound of the BBX is open, neutral and dynamic. It throws a huge soundstage with tremendous depth and great separation of instruments and voices. The detail is fantastic. I can highly recommend the BlueBerry Xtreme!

Jeff Bredthauer