New Klipsch Surround setup -advice,opinions please !!?

jdbrown82

Jessie,

I have two proposed improvement paths:

At least go to the RF-82 for the fronts. Just going to 82s up front would be $200. An improvent in midrange freq response that would be well worth it. If you're set on getting the same 4 all around, then it would be $400 more for four RF-82's. For just that $400 bucks, I think you've improved alot on your proposed system.

For this level of effort you're undertaking, I think you're serious enough to get 83's or 63's up front. Going from your proposed system to the following would cost $1450 more, but would be more of a system you could breath easy with for the performance and long term usage factor. That is to upgrade the fronts to RF-63s and the center to the RC-64. For the cash you're laying out, another $1450 clearly puts you into a new league of sound. I'd consider the RF-63's and RC-64, a very bullet proof front end for theatre. I've demo'd my 63's on Saving Private Ryan at extreme levels and there was absolutely no weakness at the peaks. I can't say the same for the demo of the 62's I got at my dealer. Sorry if you're past input, but for $1450 more I think you go from a nice system to an awesome system that will scare you as well as your guests. Do you want them to get goose bumps or do you want them to wet their pants?

Kimball

haha, wet their pants..thats great!

yes definitely im all ears. i guess my reason for the smaller speakers is the physical size difference. how big are the rf-63 and/or rf-82 models compared to the 62 & 82? have you ever seen the synergy series F-3, im guess the 63-83 models are the same size physically. im just not sure i want that big of speakers. although with the amount of money im going to be spending, i want something, kick a$$! i also want components that will last.

im tired of the old walmart surround sound systems. Or old recievers, big concert sized speakers, etc. im sure you know what im talking about. Another thing im definitely done with is hanging bookshelf speakers. i always hated hanging speakers. in the end it never looks good i dont think. im looking at this as an investment. we watch alot of dvds with friends and family and i also play video games...so i want this to be fun and to last.

also im looking at the klipsch speakers as i type this, what about the RVX-54 ? that said, i think you just talked me into upgrading once again. i cant say it enough, thanks alot guys...i appreciate it. i have had alot of speakers and etc myself but nothing of this caliber..all the advice is welcome, im all ears!

-Jessie

Do you want them to get goose bumps or do you want them to wet their pants?

That's what you left off your list:

Plastic slipcovers for seating - $75.[:P]

lol, lmao ! i love watching movies like that. i have the box set of Friday the 13th, and nighmare on elm st. we have over 350 dvds, & i want them to rock.