Vincent Audio-SA-31 Hybrid Pre-amp....

SWL

I seen this pre-amp on Audio Advisor for only $500.00. The price seems tempting but I'm asking the pros here to steer me in the right direction. I'm looking for a tube pre-amp to use with Crown XLS-802's and RF-7's. Thanks in advance......................Sorry, wrong forum. I'll post this in two-channel audio also.

I am in the process of purchasing this item. I will let you know how it goes. I do not have Klipsch speakers but rather a different set-up. I have a big ss amp ( Van Alstine, 220w) and Gallo Reference 3 speakers. I have been wanting a tube pre but wanted to stay within a small budget. AA says the reliability of the unit is excellent and it requires approx 100 hours break in. I don't know what is up with the two tubes. I don't know if they are replaceable or hard wired to the chasis. The technical information AA offers does not give the tube type. Much to find out when it gets here and breaks in. I have not been able to find a lot of professional or user type reviews on the item so I will be "winging" it. sometimes it is the best way to buy gear, sometimes you exercise the return option. For the money I don't have extremely high expectations. My information is that it is German designed and Chinese executed in one of their best electronic fabrication houses. I will try and describe its attributes the best I can. cheers. dk