codyaaron2

Frequency Response?

RS-52 Specifications

frequency response

62Hz-23kHz +/-3dB

RS-7 Specifications

frequency response

58Hz-20kHz ±3dB

Which is better? 62Hz-23kHz +/-3dB or 58Hz-20kHz ±3dB.

For HT what kind of frequency response are you looking for.

Is the lower the number the better?

If this is true them would you get the RS-7, RF-7 and the RC-7 speakers instead of the RF-82 Home Theater System.

Thanks

Is the lower number the better?

If your only concern is the frequency response, then yes, the lower number is better. But there are many other things that contribute to how a particular speaker sounds.

In the case of these speakers, the difference is only 4Hz, which is really not very much. And since these are surround speakers and they will probably be set to SMALL, the low-end response is not really that much of a concern, if at all.

There is also probably not much difference between the performance of these 2 surround speakers, either, especially since they ARE the surround speakers and any slight difference will be minimized because, as I said, they will probably be set to SMALL, and the surround speakers contribute the least to your overall HT setup and experience.

The question you really need to be asking, if you are considering those 2 HT setups, is "how different are the front and center channel speakers?". I would most definitely not base the decision upon which surround speaker goes the lowest.

Are you certain you can buy all the components of the RF-7 setup?