hi, want to introduce myself

I started with Monster Z1 a few years back.. i've since moved on to mostly Cobalt cables now.. for both interconnects and speaker cables. I too prefer speaker cables over speaker wire. I like the build of cables.. you'll spend more, but they look so much nicer than having wire run all over the place. [;)]

in the requested footprint size, I'd think the Forte or Forte II is the choice for the Klipsch product best suited to "rocking out".

not that I'm biased or anything. but I'd take the Forte over the Heresys any day. and agree, Cornwalls for jazz / classical.

but Forte for rock.

I am so glad that you said this. I am in the middle of acquiring a total of seven, count them, seven, Forte IIs for a 7.1 system.

Right now I have four Forte IIs and two KG-4s. I am picking up two more Forte IIs this Sunday in VA.

I like all kinds of music, but definitely "Hard Rock" is the majority of what I listen to. I've had Forte IIs for over 17 years and I always felt that they were excellent at reproducing hard rock music. But, of course, everyone has a different opinion so I guess no one is right or wrong, unless they are saying that BOSE makes good speakers.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. You all have given me several good options for a nice pair of stereo speakers.

My Polk SDA's. were being run using solid state gear... they were bass shy too. I did not run them with a subwoofer. They were capable of digging extremely low, and would shake the floor, but it was rare that the source music ever had that much bass in it.. so most times, they were lacking bass. I was not in anyway displeased with them.. it's just time to try something else.

I'd really like to find someone here in the Pacific Northwest that had a pair or more of the older Klipsch speakers. that would allow me to demo them in a real world set up.

I believe cables do play a part in sound quality. but within reason. I set my limit on cables to around $100 each.. or course, not all my cables are at that $100 limit.. I have used a couple different brands for half that price and have been very pleased with their sound, although in that price range, build quality was kind of lacking.

Any current model Klipsch floorstander that has a following? Here still within that $800 price range, if that's possible.

Esoteric Cables do not add very much if anything to the sound. They do relieve you of more cash than other less expensive choices. Wire guage is important to be properly matched to the wire length. I'm sure that there are also some shoddy and unacceptable wires and cables out there too. Why don't you try some cables from: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ and compare the results to the more expensive ones. If you really can't hear a difference, then, for you, there is no difference. Just a thought.

There's a lot of Klipsch Heritage in Oregon and Washington. I think there were some very strong dealers up there in the 70's and 80's. Keep and eye out, we'll find something for you.

I echo the guy's thoughts on forte II's, Chorii, or Cornies. They all ROCK!

And save your money, follow the Dukester, buy WIRE, the electrons don't care.

Michael

Very good advice Michael. Thank you.

BTW, Michael, Sunday I am going to buy those two black Forte IIs in VA. My plan is to have them veneered with oiled walnut veneer. They are only twelve years old, purchased by the current owner toward the end of the production run, so they are not really that old. Wish me luck.

I started with Monster Z1 a few years back.. i've since moved on to mostly Cobalt cables now.. for both interconnects and speaker cables. I too prefer speaker cables over speaker wire. I like the build of cables.. you'll spend more, but they look so much nicer than having wire run all over the place. [;)]

Now for aesthetic reasons, you have a good point, but not for functionality.