RF System setup

murphrf

Hey Guys another newbie here but i have been following your site for quite sometime. It seems to be the place to get answers so here is my question.

I recently Just purchased RF82's fronts, RC62 centre and rs42 surrounds (will become my back surrounds when i get the money for rs52 to make up the 7.1 system.)

I am running an onkyo TX-SR674 av receiver which puts out approx 95w per channel. I am apsolute amazed by the sound i am getting and glad i went klipsch.

What i wanted to know is what to set my crossover frequencies at on the reciever. I have set the rf82 to 60hz, the center to 80hz and the surrounds being smaller to 100hz. i have a cheap 10" jensen sub that i will upgrade down the track set to 80hz.

Does this sound like the right thing to have all the speakers set at or have i gone about this all wrong? any advice would be great

Try them all ay 80 Hz.

The key is to have your fronts seemless too. Your front speakers either large or all of them set to small. (For HT) Large for 2 Channel of course!!

Sub either normal, or LFE too. try it either at 80- 90 Hz as well.

Look at THX.com for more info too.

Good luck!