Speaker placement.......

robbyrockets

I just recently purchased the following;

2 RF-63's

1 RC-64

2 RS-62's

The room consists of a 106' Carada Brilliant White Screen, and due to the room being ONLY 10ft wide doesn't leave much room for speaker placement, at least at the sides.

At what distance should I place the front speakers from the wall to take full advantage of these speakers sound stage ?

The room is 10ft wide and 25ft long, not the best dimensions for a theater but it'll have to do for now, thanks for any suggestions.

Congrats on the setup, very, very swank.

As far as toe in, for each 63, aim the horns right at the sweet spot you sit in, or maybe a bit outward from there.

With that angle established, I'd set the rear outer foot of the 63s about an inch from the outside walls.

Then move the whole speaker so that the rear ports are about 12", 15" and 18" from the rear wall, trying each position.

Set this placement with no sub and no crossover on the 63s, just stereo music. Go with the 12", 15" or 18" placement you prefer the bass at. Feel free to try less than 12" from the back wall and more than 18" if you like.

Are they black or cherry? Are you running a sub?

I'd highly recommend using a sound pressure level meter to set the levels of each of the 5 speakers using your receivers' (or a test disks') pink noise test signal. I use a sears craftsman version, others use radio shack versions.

Kimball

Video is a Denon 3930CI, how do you like the 4806 with the Klipsch setup, I'm actually looking into that model or the one just under it?

I love the 4806/2930CI combo. Can't say one thing about it I don't like. Does everything I want. I got those two because of the "Denon Link 3rd" interlink is supported on both, allowing me to run full bandwidth digital SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and CD signal directly to the heart of the reciever and let the reciever do the D to A right next to the amps. Its crispy clear, punchy, everything. I really like how the 4806 recognizes the format of the incoming signal and automatically switches to the last setting I had for that kind of signal. For example, when a 5.1 DVD Audio signal comes in the denon link, it switches to multi channel mode. If I switch to a DTS surround signal on the DVD player, the receiver automatically changes to DTS decode. If I switch to a 2 channel signal, it switches to my cornwalls, instead of the RF-63s which are used in surround modes. It just makes everything so easy for me to enjoy, without worrying about settings changes when my source material changes. I absolutely love the Denon AVR-4806.

4806 has been replaced with the 4806CI which adds a couple nice features. 4306 is really nice too.

Kimball