What Change in the Cornwall III's

ram87007

I see you haven't had much response, so I'll take a crack at this one.

The Cornwall I's sensitivity was measured at 4 feet into the room @ 98.5dB 1m1w. The Cornwall II was measured at 3 feet into the room @ 101dB 1m/1w. Both of these speakers use the same basic woofer and have the same sensitivity, and the numbers are correct; just the measuring technique causes the discrepency.

The Cornwall III uses the same basic woofer as the previous versions in basically the same cabinet, so a similar sensitivity and low frequency cut off would be expected when compared to the earlier versions. However, the woofer has been moved 6 inches higher in the cabinet to reduce internal standing waves. The increased operating efficiency of the woofer in the cabinet could account for the extra 1dB of output to give 102dB 1m1/w. It probably also accounts for improved low frequency cut off @34Hz.

Klipsch markets their speakers as "high sensitivity" so even though they want to keep it honest (and I believe they do), they also want the sensitivity tests giving the most favorable numbers.

THANK YOU for your replay but you are mistaken you are right about the 4 ft witch is1.22m1w according to a 1980 handout by Klipsch but on the CWII's they go to 101@1m1w on the CWIII they also change the tweeter and crossover I am supprised i haven't had more replyes Thanks for the info