Going SET? My cautionary tale

kev313

OK OK.  I overstated things a bit.  I'm attaching a link to an Audio Asylum posting about Welborne Labs and their failure to deliver products after payment.  My own story is included in that post, so I won't rehash it here.  Long story short, if you are considering SET amps, there are more reliable options that Welborne.  Reliable customer service, that is.  I have owned DRD 45's and Moondogs in addition to the Reveille crossover and pre which I currently own and use, and ENJOY, on a daily basis.  

Great products.  BAD service.

Thats a big problem today...alot of companies have back doors bigger than their front doors...they just can't keep their customers.

I feel for ya... I ordered a Squeezebox Power Supply kit from Welbourne Labs back in early March. Not one word for 2 months and then only a note that my order was being processed and I would be notified when it ships. Another month rolled by and without notice, I found a package on the stoop a couple of weeks ago. The PS arrived and it was well-packed and complete. Ron makes great products at great prices but he doesn't seem to care much about customer service - its a trade-off. He can hire more staff and raise prices but face bankruptcy if the orders fall off or he can spend his time filling orders and not designing and building new gear and again, the orders will fall off. Grow or Die - its the bane of most small audio designer/builders.