Making MP3 cd's for use in DVD players

APPLEBITE

Hey Guys. I just picked up a Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player. One of it's features is to playback MP3 audio, but I have yet to find how to do this. I put a cd-r that had 100+ Mp3's on it (burned as a data/ISO cd in Nero Burning Rom) but it failed to play. It is however able to play burnt cd's that had the Mp3's converted to CDA format, but that's nothing specail. So does anyone know how to get these MP3's to work????

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Klipsch Quintets (On order)

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player

one idea... it might need to find an m3u file. use a program like media jukebox to burn your mp3 cd and it will put an m3u file which has a list of all the songs and where they are located on teh disk and is a playlist... that might be the deal.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Right now I just have an optical cable going into my DA-10 amp, I can hook the analog up, but that shouldn't matter because I was playing a burnt cd (MP3's converted to CDA's in Nero) just fine with awsome udio quality. That M3U Playlist makes sense, I'll give that a try!!

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Applebite, you must have analog connections to play

MP3's. It is different than playing a CD burned with WAV files that will play in virtually any CD player. On DVD players, digital output is muted while playing MP3 discs to comply with the SDMI (whatever that is).

You need to hook up the analog audio connections along with your digital, and select the analog input on the receiver.

I finally got the MP3's to work. I had to get that NTI CD Maker 2000 program, and burned the cd's using the "Data cd" method. I guess this NTI program puts an M3U playlist in with the MP3's, and that is what makes it work. I only have an optical connection for audio going from the DVD to the amp, and audio is crystal clear, so not too sure why I would have to use the analog connections?? anyone else able to do what I did???

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Sorry for giving you erroneous info there applebite, but that is what I had always read, and it even states that in my Yamaha's manual. I'll try out the other programs to see if it works for me. Did you just download the trial version or pay the $50.00 yet ? If you haven't paid, you might try the Media Jukebox that Justin mentioned. I downloaded it also, and it has a totally free version that sounds like it has the same features as the NTI.

Does anyone have any problems with the MP3's being cut off near the end of the track. I'm not too sure if it's the DVD player, or that new "NTI CD Maker" program I am using for burning. Anyone experience this??

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub