Isn´t two enough?

DrFeelgood

Personally I think two is one too many. I'm still sitting on the fence about the whole ordeal. If a dual format player comes out at a decent price say under $500 I might go for it but until then I'm holding off buying very many DVD's of the older format. My DVD collection contains over 300 DVD's and basically in holding but frankly I haven't seen much available in the last 3-4 months even worth buying.

Two months from now there will be something else that's the NEW State of the Art, the Best, Most real looking and sounding, it's all Horse Hockey, I'm sick of jumping on the NEW MEDIA sweethearts, flavor of the month electronics......Pro-Logic comes to mind, VHS vs BETA, Cd's vs Tapes, LP's vs Half Speed masters, it never stops, DVD's were to be the end alls, and now look.....more ways to draw your money out of your pocket....I have sang this old tune for a long time..............This time I'll wait it out, ****** up DVD's cheap, and save the money, until the next big thing comes along......

Isn't it really about Piracy, and ways so you can't make copies..........................EH ????

Isn't it really about Piracy, and ways so you can't make copies..........................EH ????

They'll try to but never succeed. They're going to try and defeat the Fair Use law which allows you to make back-ups of your own DVD's and with the mine set in Washington these they'll probably succeed in getting it knocked down. Someone out there will figure out how to defeat one way or another. Bootlegs may be a real problem overseas but I just don't see it as a huge deal here. The only place I've seen few bootleg DVD's is at the local Flea Market, they were as high as the originals.

Everytime the Motion Picture Industry comes up with away to stop us from making copies, some smart-hack figures away around it. I see some DVD's use macro-vision to scramble their disc, the scrubbers that worked on VHS tapes to block macro-vision works on DVD's as well, most don't realize that. I can't stand the crying about how much money they lose....it's not about better quality for the consumer, it's about lost revenue. Again, big business picking our pockets......new discs, new equipment, as long as people buy into it, they'll keep on doing it......state of the art today, outdated tomorrow...

An HT system is only as good as the display will allow.

Being on the other side of 50, I'm happy with the quality of standard DVDs and my 52" 1080i DLP Mitsu.

Others, with better eyesight, might not 'see' it that way.

But to answer the question, I'll also wait it out.