FS: Altec, Audio Control and Eico stuff....

sfogg

Few more things for sale....

Audio Control SA-3050/3051 Real Time Analyzer (RTA)

Audio Control has changed the models/options around a little but this is roughly the same as the SA-3052 in that it is the 30 band RTA and it has the internal battery pack and printer port options installed. I think at the time this one was made they only had the SA-3050/3051 with it having options for the battery pack and printer port. Now Audio Control sells a unit with those options as the SA-3052.

http://www.audiocontrolindustrial.com/product.asp?Product_Id=28296&d_id=5650&l1=5650&l2=

Includes Audio Control calibrated microphone, the soft carrying case, instruction manual, power cord and the optional A/C weighting filter.

$375 plus shipping.

----------------------------------------------------------

Altec 288-8k with a good Great Plains Audio diaphragm in it. Nice condition and sounds good, this is a leftover from my old L/C/R setup. Only one to sell at $200 plus shipping. I will double check but I think this driver has both 3 and 4 bolt mounting holes in it. Not all 288-8Ks were like that.

----------------------------------------------------------

I also have several 288-8k bodies for sale. All need diaphragms, rubber magnet rings, mounting studs, possibly mounting screws for the diaphragms and I think a couple have broken off screws in the diaphragm mounting holes. Great Plains sells all the parts and also offers rebuilds on units sent to them. $50 each plus shipping.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Altec 805B horn with single driver throat. 8 cell 500hz (80x40 dispersion) horn in very good condition. Again a leftover from my old L/C/R setup. $200 plus shipping. Not very heavy to ship but it needs a fairly large box to ship so dimensional weight will likely apply.

(3) Altec MR-94 Mantaray Horns. *Big* (not K402 big... but close) Altec CD horns. These are the earlier metal versions. 90x40 dispersion. They load down pretty low 300-400hz with a 288 on them. Because of their size they will likely need to be pickup only. Make an offer.

(3) Altec 902-8B with the rarer Altec 'lighter' diaphragms in them. All in nice shape and sound very good. $140 each plus shipping.

Eico HF-81 integrated amp. In pretty good physical condition, electrically I have no idea. I have literally had it sitting on a shelf for about 10 years after I traded someone a DAC for it. Since I haven't used it yet I doubt I will end up using it. Sold in unknown, as is condition for $200 plus shipping. If I were to spend some time going through it it would be up on ebay for $400-$500.

If anyone wants any pictures of anything please let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn

"Eico HF-81 integrated amp. In pretty good physical condition, electrically I have no idea. I have literally had it sitting on a shelf for about 10 years after I traded someone a DAC for it. Since I haven't used it yet I doubt I will end up using it. Sold in unknown, as is condition for $200 plus shipping. If I were to spend some time going through it it would be up on ebay for $400-$500."

According to the below link...it's a killer amp....a working one can bring up to 800 on ebay....

• dniro1.gif

• Top 25 Contributor

• Joined on 11-27-2004

• Southern New York, damn near Pa

• Posts 4,975

Re: FS: Altec, Audio Control and Eico stuff....

where to send the Money, Brother ....Stick out tongue

QuickSilver F.F. tube pre ,

Jolida JD-100 CD , AR Xa TT, DBX 120 ds, Yamaha 2040 X-Over, Yamaha YDG

2030 EQ Phase 400, 7 Crowns ...D-75/2 , K-2, Com-Tech 200/400/800, CH

1, Pro-Valve 6L6 based amp ..

K-Horn's .Cornwall 2's .. Forte 2's

..2 set's Chorus 2's...JBL Scoops w/ 2240's, and 2360 horns .. JBL 4430

- JBL L- 7, Altec Valencia's .. Altec Model 19's .. Altec 1208

• 2 weeks later...

The Eico and two of the Altec 902s are sold. Feel free to make an offer on anything else.

I also have a pair of Citation 7.3 Dual Drive surround speakers.These are in interesting speaker in that they have basically two complete speakers in each enclosure. One firing forward the other backward. It can be run just like a traditional surround speaker and when used in that manor it has a switch to make the speaker dipolar or bipolar radiation. However they also have a second pair of binding posts for the 'dual drive' function. When run in 'dual drive' you can run each half of the speaker independent of the other half. Citation/Fosgate used this to make the speaker automatically switch from bi-polar to di-polar radiation depending upon music or movie modes but it could also be used to effectively run a 7.1 system with physically what looks like a 5 speaker setup. In a setup like that you would put the speakers just behind your sides and feed the front half of the speaker your side surround and the back half your rear surround info. I think MSRP was $1000 each, $300 for the pair plus shipping. I have the original factory double boxes for these.

Thanks,

Shawn