Matching Klipsch Speakers

IDOXLR8

Guitarman, I hav a similar problem to yours, I am using Chorus I's main Academy center Heresy II's rear. I don't think your ever going to ge an exact soundstage, as niether am I, although there are a few things you can do to help. If you have a sub, set the center channel to Small, and the Mains to large. This will direct the sound that the Theater is lacking in producing directly to the sub to reproduce because the center is physically unable to. Then I use a THX optimizer usually found on Disney DVD's this can help quite a bit.

Oh yeah, I'm using Audyssey MultiXT EQ at the moment and it does a pretty good job of blending everything (timbre matching) and prior to getting my new reciever I was using outboard EQs on the center and surrounds. I still run test using Room EQ Wizard to check the response and have found that as long as the peaks and valleys are the same for various speakers, pink noise will sound similiar from one speaker to the next.

I'm just a tweaker and wanted to take some of the electronics out of the equation and let the speakers do most of the work without so much processing........

Well, I found a KV-3 and will play it against my KG-5.5 and KG-1.5 and hope it works out as far as a good sound match. I have not got it yet and I will post on how this sounds when I do. Klipsch notes on the web page that this (KV-3) is the one that matches what I have. Has anyone played a set up with KG-5.5, KG-1.5 and a KV-3?

HI-JACKED THREAD? AL.