Subwoofer Placement

Ayalan

Greetings:

I just got my 4.1s a few days ago and so far I'm happy--my question is where should I place the subwoofer for optimal performance?

It's currently located under my desk, but I've heard some people say that placing it in a corner would work best.

I'm going to try to attach a *.jpg of the general layout of the room they're in. The brown thing is the desk, the red things are the satellites, the YELLOW thing is the subwoofer which is actually UNDER the desk. The gray thing is where I sit, and the white thing is the monitor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Chad

I'm in the process of getting a subwoofer and one of the most interesting bits of advise I've gotten so far is to put the subwoofer in the chair/best listening position in your room. Then, walk/crawl around the room until you find the place where the sound appears to be the best. That's where you put the subwoofer. Then, you go sit where the subwoofer was and enjoy the music.

Dave

Try in the upper left corner of your pic.. place the sub facing you. Also.. try putting the sub atop something that will place it about head level. I just put mine on my dresser and it seems to let the bass flow better. I like it and will prolly put it on a shelf unit in my dorm I think it may help in my dorm a lot but I won't be able to tell untill I move back.

In the long run.. it depends on your room, where things are placed and what you taste is. I don't like boomy bass so I try to find the best spot to account for that.

If ya need any more help.. just ask. I can come up with a few drawings pretty fast.

Ya.. forgot about that. The sound waves are going to cancel in some spots and add in others to make megga bass. Usually.. if you place the sub in a corner.. the other corners will have megga bass and generally somewhere near the center of the room with have very little bass

Again.. just take a little time and see what you like. Also, try raising the sub to around head height or thereabouts and see how that does. Mostly just experimenting and seeing what You like.

Good luck