refrence + synergy

cody1382

Ive got the rf-82's an yammie 1700 amp

i want to add a sub an i like the specs of the synergy 12"sub

an the sound to but i havent heard them together can anyonr comment on this

mix for listening to various styles of metal

\

Matching timbre isn't essential as your hearing isn't as accute to these low frequencies as it is to those 100Hz and up. I mix synergy and reference, too. But it's up to your ears and what you plan to use your sub for. It sounds like you're primarily music so the sub 12 is a decent option; in general you'll get what you pay for. Depending on how loud you listen (the 1700 and 82's are a fairly potent combo) you may want more sub than the 12 will offer.

I listen to music at a slightly above average level (READ: Really bloody loud while i jump around my

lounge room like a fool) and the only subs ive found to listen to in my area are 12"

Ive never test drove an 18" or bigger one one so i cant really attest to there sound

Can you recomend a good larger sub .I have to go a fair way to test stuff so i like to have a good idea what im looking at before i test

Thanks for the reply

I was suggesting multiple driver subs or more than one single driver sub. Do a quick search around this topic and you'll find oodles of brand + prices. You can check my sig for the one I'm happy with but it's one of only many out there.