Stream tunes from my laptop to reciver

cody1382

My laptop is a P1 expressdual by LG and ive got a good swag of tunes stored on my hard drive

I lost about 12grands worth of cd's out of the front of me truck Thankfully i had them ripped on my laptop so i no longer have the cd version

the reciver is a yammie rx-v1700 an was wondering if i could jack my laptop into it some how

Thanks

There are all sorts of ways you can do this. Are you aiming for wireless or wired?

The easiest approach is just to find an external USB sound card. If you don't want any bells and whistles, then I would lean towards some of the pro gear:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/computer-hardware-usb-sound-recording-cards-audio-interfaces?N=100001%2b309115&Ns=P_Price%7c0&g=rec&page=1

I personally own an M-Audio Fasttrack USB.

Not exactly sure if you are hoping to get super-high fidelity, but I am generally happy with my airport express.  It serves as a wireless router and also allows you to stream itunes wirelessly via a mini-plug from the airport to the receiver.  It additionally lets you print wirelessly.  And of course it is easy to set up because its an apple product.  Bonus is that it only costs $125.

I was just reading about the airport express on the apple discusion board, and you may be happy to know that it uses apple's lossless streaming format, and can be hooked up to your receiver using a mini digital optical port.  Seems like the best possible method for wirelessly streaming the music.

Hope this helps. 

Cody, Wireless for my laptop I use a ROKU M1000 wireless soundbridge which can be had for about $200 American. It has a digital out but I don't have a DAC. It also has an analog out. I know there's better units out there but this suits my needs just fine. I also have a Behringer U-control UCA-202 which can be had for $30 American and that works well. It's an external USB audio interface. It has digital out as well. I had the day off the otherday and experimented recording an LP to the laptop with good results using the Behringer. Good Luck, Mark