Just got Wife Approval- Need Receiver Help

atleer

Well, sounds like i just got WAF!

Probably would need to stick to looking at a major retailer, a part of the deal with her that I won't go into.

Can you help me compare the HK-347 available at Best Buy and the Denon AVR 887 from Circuit City?

How does the Denon AVR1907 compare to the avr 887? I read the 887 is similar to the 2307ci?

Thanks,

• Moderators

You might want to look at the last few topics that were posted. They are in reference to receiver suggestions. I haven't received a lot of feedback on some of my posts too.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/936349.aspx

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/936638.aspx

May want to try searching the forums for Receiver Suggestions. Here is the link

You might give a bit more info. For instance, why do you need to 'upgrade' from your RXV630? What features/power are you in need of that it does not have? Please share the details of the units in question, asking Forum members to look up the specs for receivers is asking a bit much (we are a SPEAKER Forum primarily after all). [;)] All told, you've mentioned SIX receivers!

Also some info about your listening habits and room might help out.

Michael

I have read a lot about having proper amplifier power for the speakers, even though they have such high sensitivity. My older yamaha is rated at 90 wpc x 5, but it isnt as clean. I went to Best Buy and demo'd a Denon 1907, all they had hooked up to some Klipsch RF-82's. This receiver sounded so much cleaner and crisp than what I have at home.

I'm probably a 60/40 split of 2 chanel stereo/ HT use.

I do not care about all the extra surround fields etc. I just want the basics, but with good clean power.

I want to have good imaging for stereo.

My theatre room is approximately 20' x 18'. I have one open wall space in the room- the right wall at the back corner, about 5 feet. Other than that it's a perfect square shaped room.

Eventually I'll be using either an OPPO or an HD-A20 for my source material, vs. the 360 I use now.

Just looking for any kind of help. Sorry if I left it pretty broad.

Looking at the specs I don't see much difference between the 887 and the 2307CI, except that the 887 upsamples video to HDMI. They're using the same DAC and apparently the same amplification sections so they should sound about the same. The 2807 is also using the same DAC, but different amplification. I've always tried to avoid the 3 digit AVR's from Denon, but I'm not seeing any reason not to go with the 887 at that price point...so wierd...

i just picked up a B&K AVR202 from the pawn shop for $79, and god damn does this thing rock best AVR i have ever had the pleasure of owning, plenty of power, very clean sound what more could you ask for? you should shop around at a couple of pawn shops you never know what you may find, i was shocked as hell to find what i did. just my .02