Getting Awesome Sound! Woot! And a few ?? on JBL 2404

meagain

[:D] It sure is nice when things come together. I think I'm finally pretty darned happy with my system so I made a signature line of the gear - cuz I'm keeping them! Getting the best sound ever out of the Khorns right now. VRD amps working swimmingly and sound awesome. The highs could be better I think but I'm currently running one k-77-m and one JBL 2404 at once (don't ask). :) Craig put a "soft-start" feature on the VRDs and I think that really solved the problems I've had with them. I think it's triaged my electrical current issue at least till I got a Voltage regulator. I have very high juice coming to the house sometimes. Sounded great pre-Furman regulator.

For all those who yelled at me about my electrical... Yes, I have the mother of all screwy electrical setups. Fuses control odd things. Like the fuse for "Bedroom 1" controls not only the bedroom, but an outlet in another part of the house! I got a Furman voltage Regulator gadget and have all my audio running into it with the Furman plugged into an unused circuit (basically running a lamp 'sometimes') and bonus points - it's actually a grounded outlet. :o Then I put 15 amp fuses everywhere I felt safe (still have to sort out the fridge/Dishwasher, etc. appliance needs).... So I think I won't blow up the house now. k?

So what's up with the JBL 2404 and the special crossover out there? John Albright was it? I was talking to Claude at 'KlipschFest' and my understanding the special crossover does more than just lower the volume on it? Do most people have it who run 2404's? Or is it not necessary?