Klipsch KSW-12 440-Watt Home Theater Subwoofer

Jenfloydclemente

New to forum and desperately seeking assistance. I'm trying to do something nice for my husband and I'm afraid I've been scammed on Ebay. Does this speaker ever have "Punch P2" on the bottom? I tried doing research online however I've only been able to find information on a Rockford Fosgate audio subwoofer. Thanks for your time!

Thanks for replying.I paid $202. Just to clarify, did I buy a Klipsh product or has the speaker been changed out? Here's the description on Ebay:

The KSW12 from Klipsch packs a big sound into a small space. FTC rated at 105 watts continous, the dynamic power rating is a much more robust 440 watts at an incredible less than or equal to 1% total harmonic distortion. This subwoofer is a bass reflex, down-firing design for unmatched performance and features outputs for satellite speakers. Its easy to hear why Klipsch is the brand of choice among true music and movie lovers.

Power Ratings: FTC, 105 Watts Continous; Dynamic, 440 Watts Peak
Frequency Response: 26-100Hz (plus/minus 3dB)
Continuously variable from 40-120Hz / Switchable 0-180 degrees
Max. Acoustic Output: 113dB 1/8 space 1 meter
Auto Power On: 2 second on delay, 15 minute off delay
Inputs: 2- High level speaker terminals, 2- line level/LFE RCA phono jacks
Outputs: 2-High level speaker terminals (high pass filtered at 100Hz)

That is a different woofer cone for sure. The KSW12 is a great little sub, small by today's standards but I have one that I used for years and it still works well.

Did the seller say anything about the non-original condition? I'd contact them right away and let them know that you're aware of the non-original parts. Perhaps start a dispute process with eBay?

Call me tomorrow and we'll check to see if we have an original speaker for that little sub. Maybe we can fix it up like new.

Don't panic.

Michael

Thank you so much. The seller didn't mention any alterations in the description nor the email I sent him. You are really a life-saver and I'll be sure the let you know how it pans out.

I did check the two ads the seller had for these subs and the photo of the non-original woofer appeared in both ads. That might constitute 'notice' in the eyes of eBay.

Let's just see how it sounds and/or how much to put an original Klipsch driver in there.

Guys- any idea on what that Punch 12" driver is worth? She'd have that to sell if we swapped it back to the original.

M

• Moderators

That is definitely a photo of a Rockford Fosgate sub. Doesn't appear to be their newest line of subs. I found a photo that looks like the sub they displayed on ebay. Here is the link.

It was the only one I saw on Ebay that has the red color around the outter basket of the sub.

Once you receive the sub you will probably find one of three things:

They put the wrong photo on the auction and it really is a Klipsch sub
They put the wrong description and it is really a Rockford Fosgate sub.
Someone added a Fosgate sub in a Klipsch box.

When the sub arrives, look at the sub to see if it says Punch. If so, it's a fosgate sub. Then look at the back of the sub box and see if it says Klipsch or Rockford and it will tell you what type of enclosure and amp it has.