iTunes - Help with MP3 convertion

ARPRINCE

I need some expert Apple iTunes user here.

I converted songs that I bought on iTunes to MP3 (Burn as Audio CD
from iTunes, then import back with the MP3 encoder and save on the PC).
iTunes sees the MP3s and has all media information (album, artist, song
title, etc). However, when I use Windows Media Player, I only see a generic song
information without the album, artist...etc. When I run to update media
information on the MP3s, nothing changes. Any ideas why WMP can't see and update the media information for these songs, solutions? TIA

I'm not at a windows machine right now...but I think the last time I did this...there was a far easier way of doing this.  I think you can set Itunes to import as MP3's.  This alows the files to be played on both Itunes and WMP without going thru the process you discribe.

Yes you can set it up to burn MP3 directly on a CD but the reason I choose the other way is because I use the burned CD album in my car. I will check later on if WMP can read the media information on these files if directly burned/converted as an MP3.

Just to be clear, my problem is NOT WMP not playing the MP3s. It actually plays them but you don't see the media information on the song (album, title, singer, etc.) while iTunes display them all.

Thanks

So I tried it out. You can configure iTunes in the preferences menu to burn as an MP3 to a CD as I mentioned on my other post. The catch is, if it's a song bought from the store and not DRM free, you can't. So I guess I'm stuck with MP3s having no media info. *sigh*