RC-52 vs C2 vs RC-62 for Center Channel

jrmeyer

I have B-2 bookshelf speakers for left and right.

The recommended matching center speaker is C-2 ($299).

Best Buy only sells RC-52 (for about $250) -- but I am thinking the RC-62 ($499 MSRP) would be even better.

The advice I've heard is to get the center speaker that is recommended for your left/right channels.

But if 70% of your sound comes from the center, why wouldn't I want the RC-62?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Timbre matching is the key here.  Also sensitivity, and I notice that the RC62 is more sensitive the B2 so will play louder for the same given amount of power.  Not sure how the RC52 or RC62 would do with the tweeter in the B2.  You want the sides and center to work seamlessly together and sound the same.  

I have the RC62, but with RF82s for the mains and they sound great.

BTW, I'm in Casa Grande, just down the road from you.

Lou 

Are the B2's going to always be your front left/right speakers? I only ask because I had them for about a year, and now they sit in boxes after being replaced by the new RF-62 speakers. Forward thinking is often something I purchase products because of.

Having said that, I would suggest going with a matched center channel (the C2 in this case) so that everything blends seemlessly in the front.

The RC52 & RC62 are great speakers, I too thought of going overboard with an RC64 for my center ...