Possible Craigslist deal?

Bonzo

Thanks for the kind words Dee. I have received generous help from forum members and I'm always willing to spread the wealth!

I spoke to the seller on the phone and I'm going to meet with him this evening. The Acuras is tempting although I am kind of amp poor right now. I really like my Parasound HCA-1500A and Aragon 4004 MK II. I will post my findings when I get home.

Well,

I spoke to the seller who said his girlfriend had made plans for them he wasn't aware of so we didn't hook up. My wife has done that to me several times so I do understand. Should be good to go tomorrow, hopefully.

Mark

The seller had the equipment stacked in his garage with more than a few years of dust on every piece. There were several gouges, nicks and scratches on the Yamaha pieces. The two Adcom pieces looked OK once I was able to get most of the dust off of them. The 2.2's had more than their share of issues including some kind of white speckle overspray, probably texture. The Acurus actually looked pretty good, again, save for the caked on dust. He had no way of hooking the stuff up nor was he willing to let me take it and try it out. I did make him a fair offer on the amp and Adcoms, as is, but he was insistant he wanted to sell everything as a "package." He did tell me he would contact me if he didn't sell the stuff through the local newspaper. He also said he posted this stuff on ebay recently and got no offers. Too many red flags for me to chance it. If someone is interested, let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

Wish I had better news.