Another 'what are these?' question.

A9X

Hi all,

I bought a pair of speakers off ebay a
while back on a whim. Got them at a good price and are happy with them
in use in my small vocal PA (my own subs underneath - active xover).
Seller said they were KPT250's in a rectangular box. I've checked the
Klipsch site as best I can but can't see anything that looks right and
was hoping that someone would be able to tell me what they are
exactly.

With a clean up they may also serve as sides in my big HT under construction.

post-27582-13819339509838_thumb.jpg

They could definitely be KP-250's. I never heard of the HIP-2 before....I wonder if they might be the same thing?

Perhaps Colter's collection isn't as complete as he thoughts it was!

Christ ,Mike...............you know this is just gonna send him into another buying Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could definitely be KP-250's. I never heard of the HIP-2 before....I wonder if they might be the same thing?

Christ ,Mike...............you know this is just gonna send him into another buying Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Michael already has a pair of the HIP's.

• 2 weeks later...

HIP has the slot in the bottom. That cabinet definitely looks like a KP250 (or KP250II) to me. They would not be KPT's as that would be the slanted theatre version (for real side surrounds in commercial application. If they're like mine the heavy cloth grille has a perf board behind the woofer section for ultimate driver protection!

Good job hooking them up to ACTIVE biamp with subs, that's exactly how to best utilize them. Per the ground plane tests done by Doc and I (can you find it and post here?), that speaker is LOUD as hell, but no real bass. Less than a Heresy in fact. It's the ports and heavy duty woofer- like Doc sez- it's all about compromise- gain output, lose bass.

I don't know about HIP2, some of those brochures got the wrong photo.... will look it up on Monday.

I think you have KP-250's there. If all drivers work, probably worth $400 per pair.

Welcome to the Madness indeed, a good find, and good first post!

Michael

Too late, you should see the rack gear I'm accumulating! Won like 5 bids this week. Hey the house legal issue is boiling again, I combat stress by SHOPPING!