I just bought 2 Klipsch Speakers and a sub for 149.

I agree too Andy.. It IS a fantastic system.

So, 200 Watts for everything. 100 for the woofer and 50+ 50 for the left n right speakers? It still plays very loud at 1/2 way 3/4 up.. I have yet to crank it much more... LOL So no need to saturate it all, but I am sure will play louder.

The thing I notice most of all, is the stereo separation even with MP3's,,,, it is the little things... It just SMOKES the PM 2.1 in that reguard.. Sounds wonderful!!

Roger

btw, 1/2 power is technically not the middle yellow bar, its the second most bar to the right..... so half power is nearly fully power

also remember when you hook them up to computer or something else non ipod or mp3 device related be sure to lower the volume. When making the ifi it was discussed by Andy and me that the volume of the ipod or such mp3 device is low, much lower than any sound card. I have to put my soundcard volume at 50% to not have any scratches or pops while playing music. This is because the ifi was built ipod first computer second that the internal gain on the amp was set much higher than normal computer speakers. This is not a flaw but is something that comes with the ipod situation. You need to lower the volume to around 50-60 percent or use a around a -6 db inline attenuator

I was thinking too, this might make a killer system for those times when you have the van open for tail gating...

If you have one of those DC/AC cigarete things..

Put the speakers on the roof, leave the sub in the back of the van...... or on the ground.. Just a thought.... hehehehehehe (Just don't drive away!!)

Your thoughts?

Indiana University / NFL Colts football season starts soon! Woooo hooooooooo

The control doc also has a 3.5 mm stereo minijack auxiliary input on the back pannel. It allows you to listen to an external source through the system. When a plug is the system dock it automatically switches to the aux input. To switch back to the iPod , disconnect the aux input.

For your computer...

A similar input is on the subwoofer back panel. It can be used with an external source, use this to connect the audio output of your computer. This way the input on the sub will be mixed with the signal from the dock and your computer. it will play BOTH sources... (the iPod and your computer for instance) So that they can be heard at the same time. This way your computer can have it's sounds as you also play your iPod at the same time. (As per Jay make sure you maybe try this volume setting from your computer signal turned up 50% or less!!!)

I edited the above.. Klipsch makes good speakers... their manuals sometimes need some better clairty... (OK, I am sure I pissed someone off at Klipsch here? )

BTW, the song "Sorrow" has some serious lows... by Pink Floyd... OMG you can really here it wayyyy down there with this unit.. Very scary!! Rattles my office!!