For Sale: KLF-30, C-7, KSP-S6 (nyc local only)

tarvoke

hi all -- was a fairly frequent member of the old klipsch message board, but looks like things have changed. anyway...

first of all: apologies but this is local sale only -- located in bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, ny. moving out august 24/25, feel free to come by anytime before then and have a listen.

I really hate to give these up, but I'm moving and these suckers are large and heavy.

all in black satin, bought new about 7-8 years ago from uncle stereo in nyc.

a. pair of klipsch klf-30.

one of the mains has ?something? loose inside (have investigated on many occasions, but I
could not find it... did notice that one of the woofers was missing a
screw which turned out to be stuck to the back of the magnet!, but that
was not it) -- moderate buzz/vibration noticeable at higher volume levels ONLY when there is fairly low bass. otherwise sound is perfect. woofer cones are in
great condition, is not a burnt voice coil or anything like that...
just some alien detritus I've been unable to track down?
any advice on things to try or look for, much appreciated.

the other main has never been sick a day in its life, but the back panel is a little loose (does not buzz or rattle or anything like that, tho)

some smallish scratches on each, naturally.

b. channel klf-c7 in superb condition.

includes 12awg copper wire, about 12' (bi-wired) for each main, and 6-8' for the center.

c. pair of ksp-s6 surrounds in excellent condition (incl ~15' awg12 ea.). will throw in pair of black powder-coated adjustable stands if you want.

don't have the original boxes (well I may have the c7 box, have to check); the screw/spike things for the mains are around somewhere, I can dig them up if needed; same goes for the metal dealies that connect the mains input sets...

not exactly sure what to ask for these, so here goes:

$500 for the pair of mains; $350 for the center. $300 for the surrounds.

$1150 takes all 5 pieces + wiring + surround stands.
if I'm asking stupid-high (or stupid-low haha) please let me know.

half a flight down, will help you carry it all up to your vehicle.
sorry but I do not have the time or inclination to ship.

feel free to email me with questions or insults or whatever: klipsch@tintar.com -- give me a couple days and I will post some pics.

thanks!

Concerning the rattle on the KLF30's, did you check the front or rear panel? There was a batch of these that had poor glue adhesion, in some cases, the front or rear panel came loose entirely. Liquid nails was the recommended fix, if you're into repairing first. Good luck with your sale.

NP _ Icky Thump

• 1 year later...