Blu-ray and Stage One

Angel33

You can use optical, but you will not be getting HD sound. The way to get HD soud is: if your player can decode and has mutli-channel analog out (most of them do, but not the PS3) you use that and the 6ch analog in on the Stage One. A special cable is required for this. I believe there is a thread about this in the Aragon section of the forum.

Erik,

Blu-Ray is one of two competing High Definition Video formats. The other is HD-DVD. Blu Ray has a higher market penetration right now, but neither format will probably win out in the short term. In fact, with the ability to download HD content from Netflix and Blockbuster coming shortly, neither format may win as Media Extenders become more prominent and can send the movie to your TV from your computer. A media center extender is a box similar to a cable box that pulls downloaded information from your computer and displays it on your TV or through your Audio Processor.

Hope that helps. If not, go to wikipedia or type Blu-Ray in on a google search. You will read stuff till your eyes hurt on which is better. LOL

KAK

I have not purchased the Denon, and I have looked at the AVM50 in the past, quite a bit more than I want to spend.

This is what I have my sights set on now:

http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DTC-9.8&class=Separates&p=f

There is a local custom install shop who is going to let me borrow one for a weekend, expect a detailed review.

Damon,

Pricewise, that is very reasonable. Let us know how it sounds. I personally would have thought something from integra...especially with those specs would run a bit higher. The Stage One is setting a high standard for sound though.

If possible, let us know how the A/B comparison is on Music and internal DD/DTS decoding.

KAK

I have the silver stage one.

I'm very happy with my projector, though it does exhibit one issue. Very high bitrate video will occasionally cause a super-brief purple line to be seen for about 200ms. This is with the dynamic Iris on, which increases contrast to 6000:1, but of course I want to run in high contrast which is why I bought this projector. Future models (and the same model manufactured after the run mine came from, apparently) don't ahve the issues from what I hear.