Autoformerless crossover

Well then. Now that this unplanned crossover project is essentially done, at least for the short-term, I'm going to try to find some time tomorrow to start on what I had been planning before this autoformer-less crossover idea popped up: A push-pull monoblock pair. I had ordered output autoformers for push-pull 6L6s, but the primary winding of said output autoformer looks like it might be appropriate for another idea I had. So, we'll see what happens.

In any event, one of the first things I'll need to do is choose the best position for the placement of not only the power autoformers (1 for each monoblock, and which will provide about 350 volts B+) but also the output autoformers. I suspect I should also orient the power and output autoformers so they don't interact with one another. Next, and inside the chassis, I will select the best place to install the filter autoformers in the power supply -- those that, as far as their position in the power supply are concerned, are down the road a bit from the power autoformer, but generally not too close to the output autoformers. I've sometimes found in the past that filter autoformers placed too close to output autoformers can induce mild hum, and we wouldn't want that.

Erik