New, almost Cornwall owner?

HPower

Well, I now am a Cornwall owner. [:D]

I went down and saw Doug yesterday and pulled the trigger on Doug's very nice Corns.

Thanks very much to all of you who recommended tuned4life, you were all right on, Doug is a super guy

and all his gear is top shelf.

Now I need to decide on an amplifier... all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again Doug I will be in touch after I have a chance to play a little bit with these great speakers.

Smart move, you won't be sorry........Did you have to pay to take them over the border? Hope Not......Amp suggestions......here we go, Any unit you choose will work nicely,,,,,,,Should have asked Doug About one of his many Marantz's he stockpiles......What are your interests Solid State or Tubes? Tubes, Scott, Fisher, Dynaco,Eico, all get high praise here........SS HK, Yamaha,Marantz, Pioneer all good, too....McIntosh is always good for a smile, What's your budget ? 2 Channel, or Home Theatre ? Many questions...................EH !!!!!!!! Enjoy your Speakers, you did good.............

Yes, you guys speak the truth. [8-|]

I got a young guy who noticed from a softball prize shirt that I was wearing that I played so we talk ball for about 5 minutes then he ask if I was bring anything back, I said

just an old pair of speakers that a buddy of mine (Doug) just gave me for a few bucks.

He asked are the y used, I said yes and then he said thats fine, have a good day... BONUS.

Ya, Doug's Marantz stuff looked better that brand new and sounded great on the Corns... I already forgot what model number his receivers are.

Refer to my initial post on this thread as to my last system and my plan for this one (strictly 2 channel)... I was hoping to budget around $1000.

I also just started a thread, asking about Quicksilver amps...?

It seems a lot of Klipsch guys are also vintage guys as evident by Doug's cool collection, I would probably lean more to a relatively current amp... I think.

Thanks, let me hear what you guys think.

Thank you Tom, And thanks To whamo, and oldbuckster for the kind words. I really enjoyed that you sat and listened to some of my unrealeased Neil Young stuff. I have to say I was a little depressed seeing my cornwalls go outthe driveway. So depressed that I had to drive to Elbridge N.Y. (near Syracuse) today to buy a pair of Heresy II's. I really didnt need them but it helped with the depression. Hope you find an amp that will make the cornwalls sound as good as they did on my marantz 2325.