Need some help setting up Denon 2802/Klipsch SF2/SC2/SS1/KSW12???

Pontiac Gto

I have this equipment

Denon 2802

Klipsch SF2 Fronts

Klipsch SC2 Center

Klipsch SS1 Surrounds

Klipsch KWS 12 Sub

Now should I set the fronts to small or large?

Where should I set the delay time?

Where should I set the LFE and Crossover for the Sub and how much power(on back of sub) should I run,or should I use the reciever to do this and set the sub at 0 power?

I gotta tell ya this KSW 12 sounds muddy I dont like it at all

I do LOVE my Synergies,they sound great.

Any help would be appreciated..

Hello,

1. Normally, the speakers are set to "Small" as to relieve them of playback duties, and to generally make the sound clearer. By setting the speakers to Small, you route low frequencies to the subwoofer, which is able to reach lower frequencies, thus taking the load off of the speakers.

2. I'm not sure I completely understand, but there should be some buttons on the receiver that allow you to set speaker distances in feet, which should sync everything quite well.

3. Set the crossover on the receiver, probably to about 80 hz, which is THX standard. Sometimes, receivers give you the option of setting the crossover for each speaker, in which case you should set the crossover a little lower for your front tower speakers, maybe to 50-60 hz, as they can adequately handle the bass. For the center and the surround speakers, the crossover should be set to 80, as I said before. In order to avoid dual crossover issues, set the subwoofer crossover at the highest possible frequency, which effectively disables it. As for the power settings, I'm not familiar with them, so I will leave that for the other, more educated members.

4. After you fine tweak your system, your speakers and subwoofer should sound much crisper and clearer.

I just wanted to know in small which is where I was set,should I also set it to LFE+Mains...?

Zen Traveler has responded to you at AVS.

BTW, I am a fan of Denon AVRs and I don't understand how you can have your mains set to Small and still have "LFE + Mains" available. I understand that's what it says in your setup menu but that is DEFINITELY not the setting you want. {edit: You want "LFE"}

Just wanna thank u guys,I reset the levels using the meter and the delay times in my denon

I have the F/C/R all set to small and the Sub set to LFE and 80Hz,its set to 1/2 power level and sounds best in Phase 180

Its MUCH tighter now with nice lows,I am soooo happy

I have the Cinema EQ set on,It makes for less of a bright sound which I already have using Klipsch

Lastly I set the DD and PLII on auto so it will find either depending on the signal

Again the setup sounds AWESOME now,I wont be looking for a new sub :)