Problem with RSW-10d

JetSnake

I just received my Klipsch RSW-10d sub that I ordered from a non-authorized on-line dealer. It's a digitally controlled sub and after about 10 minutes of use, the display screen showed unreadable numbers/letters and then went blank. It was still lite-up but didn't show your functions. I cycled power a few time with no help.

I called the place I ordered it from. They said no problem, we'll send you another one. Well, after I got off the phone, it started working again.

My question is should I still trade this one in for a different one, or just keep this one? It doesn't have a factory warranty.

DIGITALLY CONTROLLED... LOL

The "Digitally Controlled" is a gimmick,there is no DSP to analise the signal,nothing like the Velodyne SMS or JL ARO. Simply mean non analog control...well digital.

Same thing with DIGITAL ready headphones...LOL

I have a DIGITAL ready toilet bowl !

My local Klipsch delaer told me about DIGITALLY CONTROLLED ...I BASH ed it ....[:P]

I wonder if the display went through a initialization or something. Before it quit working, I didn't have as many settings as I do after is started working again. I know the "Phase" settings where not there before and maybe a some other settings.

Does this sound right?

The "Digitally Controlled" is a gimmick,there is no DSP to analise the signal,nothing like the Velodyne SMS or JL ARO. Simply mean non analog control...well digital.

My local Klipsch delaer told me about DIGITALLY CONTROLLED ...I BASH ed it ....[:P]

the signal before it enters the amp is digital to allow for eqing

the signal before it enters the amp is digital to allow for eqing

LOL

They convert ANALOG signal to DIGITAL and then the amp ...AMPLIFIES DIGITAL signal...who told you nonsense like this?

The amp that power the woofer amplifies ANALOG signal and feeds the woofer.No woofer would work with amplified digital signal. LOL

The digital part would be at the preamp processor level,nothing more.And the amp DIGITAL part is it is a switching...BASH type amp.It does not amplify ...digital signal.

The DIGITALLY CONTROLLED part is funny...even Meridian who sells "DIGITAL SPEAKERS" the speakers have DAC's onboard and may use switching amps(so called DIGITAL amps_...in the end it is all ANALOG.

Clown...oups I have three Crown amps...for subs. [:D]

It is called DSP ...and nothing revolutionary today. But DIGITALLY CONTROLLED...LOL

...ah...ahhh.....aaaachum....sorry I could not Digitally Control my sneeze !

Now let me digitally control the digital domain !

EAR, sir,

With all due respect, why do you have to respond this way? The RSW-10d is a nice subwoofer that, based upon it's specs, most likely trumps the old RSW-10. So, based upon that alone, you gotta give it some respect. [:^)]

To all,

I answered JetSnake's query a bit more nicely in another forum, HERE, btw. Unless he's had more problems, he's only had a problem with the DISPLAY that one single time. The subwoofer never quit functioning. The manual warns that static electricity can cause changes to the LCD display contents. As far as I know he hasn't had more problems as I figure he would have posted if he had. So, the recommendations to return it may not have been warranted and may have been a little bit premature.

Maybe JetSnake will return to this thread and give us a status report, but I sort of doubt it. [:S]

The worst from Ear was, as I read it, was towards Jay, not JetSnake.

He still shat on the thread.

If it was me, which it's not, I would not buy New Klipsch products from an un-authorized dealer to save money, there's a reason why they aren't recognized by Klipsch. You might just as well buy used equipment if no one stands behind it.

Well, I agree. It's hard to argue with that.

Given the same question JetSnake asked, I'd still give the same answer I gave before. Frankly I find nothing wrong with my answer.

Did I say there was anything wrong with your answer?

Re-read his posts, where does it say, it was still functioning? Then read his last question..................I don't know what he posted in other forums, I only use this one.

Which is exactly why I posted a link to the other forum. So that anyone here could perhaps glean a little more pertinent info from the other thread.

CHILL OUT. I thought EAR was a little out of hand, that's all. Do you not agree? Maybe he was drunk. [:P]

BTW, Klipsch has not marketed or advertised the "DCS" digital user interface in any deceptive ways whatsoever. It is perfectly clear from the webpage and from the cut sheet what it is and what it does.

Alright, now that this thread is back on track. Thanks Sivadselim! I was going to reply sooner, but felt like I'd be hi-jacking the thread. I've never experiance any more problems with the display. The sub is sitting on carpet and I was walking around right before I was adjusting the controls, so there might be some logic to the static charge thing.

I called the place I bought it from, they will give me a two week return option. That gives me two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. It's an intermitant problem, so even if I don't have a problem with it, but don't feel comfortable with keeping it, I could just say it quit working and return it.

We also went over some warrenty plans and I ended up buying a 4 year warrenty for $89. That doesn't solve everything, as I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to get any warrenty work done. I asked as many questions as I could think of, it covers parts, labor and shipping. We'll see.

I think I might call Klipsch just to see if what I experianced could be caused by static electicity.

Sivadselim.........if you noticed I edited my answer. I don't want hard feelings over an answer on a forum. I did not read the other forum, don't want to, doesn't matter. You must have read that answer right away, because within a couple of minutes, I edited the response.

Please! No hard feelings at all, oldbuckster. I was just concerned that JetSnake, a brand new member and proud owner of a brand-new RSW-10d, may not feel comfortable here with the way the thread had unfolded. That's all. No biggie.

[H]