KG5.2 repair advice needed.

On paper there is quite a difference around 1.8kHz (probably caused my the big spike I spoke of before), but you if cannot hear then it doesn't really matter! I see the graph only goes down to 100Hz; are you not able to measure below that? Just curious...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 13 years later...

I realize I am a day late on this thread, but, others may be looking for a replacement woof for kg5.2.

Midwest speaker repair midwestspeakerrepair.com Their MW-5010 is quite nice. I replaced woof in my kg52 with this and never looked back. $85 per. I was shocked when I pulled the original to find that the mw5010 was significantly heavier. I am aware that is not everything in a driver but I have always put stock in the weight of a woof or an amp. I have owned more than my share and I will always put weight right up there beside the thiele / small parameters. When I bought mine they were not advertised as Klipsch replacements, but, they are now. I am still very pleased two years later. Now, can anyone point toward decent aftermarket for the passives in this speaker.