SB-2's and surrounds

Shabycakes

I have a pair of SB-2 bookshelfs in which I'm curious as to whether they match up with the Quintet series. I'm curious about buying Quintets as surrounds, but wanted to know if they were compatible with the SB-2's? I have yet to buy a center speaker and subwoofer -- I'm building my home theater system one item at a time. I looked at the specs and found that the Quintets are not listed under the SB-2's. Could I get some suggestions?

Rear speakers are kind of funny - they don't HAVE to have a tonal match to the fronts, but they should if you are going to do any surround music or 5 channel stereo.

The Quintets are not designed to match the Synergy series, but many people have used them as surrounds when a tonal match isn't a real big deal to them. They are fairly close from an efficiency standpoint to the SB-2, so you should be able to balance the levels without a big problem. Of course, the ideal surround would be the matching SS-1, but that's a whole different story $$-wise.

The center speaker is a different case. You will need it to match your SB-2s, so get the SC-1.

Have fun!

Doug

------------------

My System

• 11 months later...

Like you, I am building my home theatre system one piece at a time also. I currently have a pair of SB-2 for mains and the SC-1 center channel. I will be buying the SS-1 surrounds soon. I bought my SC-1 at Brandnamez.com for $159.00 I plan to buy the SS-1 pair at Acousticsounddesign.com for $289.00/pair. Also if you look on this Klipsch site, you will find out what speakers go with your SB-2s.