Denon 882 or 3802

tashoemaker

I priced a Denon 882 for $299 compared to a Denon 3802 for $699. The dealer told me that the only real difference between the two is 10W per channel more and 6.1/7.1 capability. I plan on using this with the Klipsch System 6 Home Theater. Besides price, is there any reason not to go with the Denon 882?? Or should I put out the extra cash for the 3802??

Thanks!

I looked at these two and if you want to crank up the movies and music better get the 3802. The thd is like 0.08% but the 882 is 0.8% big difference. The 882 will not handle the load as well as the 3802. Also you take a risk of having distortion with the 882 because of the thd.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Dude- not sure why the salesman wouldn't push the higher priced item, but the 3802 is in a different class. The 882 is not even close. The 3802 usually sells for $999 ($1199 originally) at authorized dealers. So $699 is an incredible price. I think the 882 may be the equivalent of the 2802 or 1802, but the 3802 is where Denon starts their high end line up. The 3802 has DDSC, a much bigger power supply, better remote, and the full 7 channels built in. I have this beast, and I love it, and I even paid close to full MSRP for it.

GET THE 3802!

Bryan

------------------

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi VS60603 60" RPTV

Denon AVR 3802 Receiver

Denon DVM 1800 DVD Changer

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV Satellite Tuner

Klipsch RB5 - Mains

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall Surrounds

Velodyne SPL1200 Subwoofer

Monster HTS1000 Power Conditioner

Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects