SB2 bookshelves with stands or SF Floorstanding??

maxgator

I currently have the SB2s and they are on my bookshelves. Only problem is that since the port is rear firing, I'm getting boomy bass.

I'm trying to decide between putting them on stands and returning them and getting SF1 or SF2 floorstanding models?

Any thoughts or suggestions??

thanks.

If you can trade in you bookshelfs, go pick up the SF2's. If you're going to take up floor space with stands anyway, you might as well make the "stand" help extend bass, etc. I for one do not understand why people buy bookshelf speakers and then place them on stands if they can pay the same money to get floor standing speakers that normally will sound better.

quote:

Originally posted by speed3:

If you can trade in you bookshelfs, go pick up the SF2's. If you're going to take up floor space with stands anyway, you might as well make the "stand" help extend bass, etc. I for one do not understand why people buy bookshelf speakers and then place them on stands if they can pay the same money to get floor standing speakers that normally will sound better.

That was my thought as well. I originally got the bookshelves because of my wife's dislike of speakers. They were a measured improvement over the quintets but the boomy bass is a problem.