Dinplug broken, Any walkthroughs on how to repair it?

TriggerHappy101

you can buy the 8 Pin male DIN plug at a Fry's electronics store (if they are in your area), also on www.digikey.com,

also here http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Pin-DIN-Plug-262-degree-Commodore-Solder-Connect_W0QQitemZ260161909386QQihZ016QQcategoryZ73135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

but be aware that is not easy soldering the very thin wires and the pre-amp IC's or power supply might be bad as well..

Elliott [;)]

I dont have a frys electronic store near me.

Thanks for linking me to digikey.com but I still cant find the right connector on the site. [:'(]

you can buy the 8 Pin male DIN plug at a Fry's electronics store (if they are in your area), also on www.digikey.com,

also here http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Pin-DIN-Plug-262-degree-Commodore-Solder-Connect_W0QQitemZ260161909386QQihZ016QQcategoryZ73135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

but be aware that is not easy soldering the very thin wires and the pre-amp IC's or power supply might be bad as well..

Elliott [;)]

• 2 weeks later...

Which system are you trying to fix? I recently put up a post (970888) for a work-around for a broken DIN connector for a ProMedia 2.1 system that worked for me. Someone else in a much earlier post did the original ground work. I just elaborated on the info to hopefully make it a little more clear. Don't know if it applies to your situation. dctrmac

• 2 weeks later...

I fix these plugs for $39.99 plus $7.50 return shipping ($47.49 total). If you are interested, email me, I am the one on ebay, save you the headaches finding the plug and doing the work.

Sorry, business is business.

email me.

Sent you a PM. The email option for the site isn't working here at work.

You are paying for the 1 hr of labor it takes to install the plug. $39.99/hr plus hardware is not much at all for this type of repair. A new control pod is on ebay for $100.00 +$5.00 shipping with 8hrs left, I'm guessing this will go even higher.

Here is the link if you want to buy a new CP-1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Promedia-4-1-control-pod-Upgrade-your-v-2-400_W0QQitemZ260176716892QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

btw, these replacement plugs are custom built for me.