Tang Band W8-740P

christjared

Hello

I was considering using either 4 Tang Band W8-740P in a ported box for my car. I was wondering how big this box would need to be if I was going to run 4 of them in a ported box tuned to around 30hz? I was also considering the MCM woofer (similar to the TB) to use instead, and in the case of the MCM I would go with 6 of them, but I have heard that the suspension typically breaks down after a month or so. Is that correct? Has any one used them? Any who my box requirements are 14 inches tall by 36 wide by 24 deep. If I am using the TB's I would wire two of them together for one channel of my amp, it should be around 250-300 watts a side at 2 ohm. Thank you for any information you will have or any comments!!!

Thanks again

JC

Box would be quite small,30Hz tuning needing quite short ports(relative).

WinISD...I will give you data Friday.On the wrong computer in wrong room now...12:41AM here ...

Four of these woofers and tuned,BIG OUTPUT in a car...plus they go for $39 each on PartsExpress!

I was hoping the box would be smaller than my double 12" box right now, I need more trunk room! Yes they are cheap right now, and I have heard good things about them. I would be greatly appreciated if you could model a box for me! I hope to get the most output with just 4 little 8's, and save some trunk room while i am at it. Thanks again!

JC