RF-62 Home Theater Center Channel Cuts Out

RelievedSimpleton

Hello,

I have been purchasing a RF-62 HT system over the past couple months. I recently got the center channel and it worked fine for a couple weeks, or I missed any problems with it. Now, I can't watch TV for more than 10 minutes without the center channel cutting out. It won't work again until I shut the system down for the night and it'll work fine, for about 10 minutes the next day. Sometimes it starts working again, sometimes it doesn't, it's pretty much random. I figured it was the receiver so I brought that to the Pioneer (VSX-816) service center near here and they had it for 2 weeks testing it and couldn't find a single problem wrong with the receiver. I've also switched out cables to a known working one and had the same problems.

So basically what I'm wondering is if a problem with the center channel could be causing this problem? If so, is it anything simple that I could fix myself or would I have to bring it somewhere for repair? Also, if anyones has had to have a speaker repaired, what's the process?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you have an RC62 as your center.  IMO, you should try switching the speakers around to see if the center channel speaker is gone or if it's the receiver.  IOW, switch one of the RF62s to the center and put the RC62 in it's place on your receiver binding posts.  If the center RF62 still cuts out it's the receiver, if the RC62 still cuts out it's the speaker.  If it's the speaker, bring it back to your dealer.  If it's the receiver, same advice.

But, this way, you know. 

Lou