Amps for Cornwall

spfrss

Hi to all Klipsch owners.

I live with a couple of Cornwall II since 1989

and I'm too happy with them, especially now I have a 100 square meters living room to let them breathe freely.

Too bad Klipsch doesn't build them anymore...

I'm searching for an advice about a new amp for them, I use now the couple Citation 24 and Citation 25 from Harman Kardon.

I listen mainly to classical music, baroque and orchestra, with some rock and country in between.

I will really thank everyone with an opinion.

spfrss, you do not give a budget. Are you looking at tube or solid state or either? New or used?

Since you are in Italy you should try out some of your own countries marvelous electronics. I would reccommend looking at the Audio Analouge Puccini integrated. It is wonderfully full bodied and musically involving. It also has a phono stage and it is relatively cheap! Pathos and Unison Research are also well made products and they are beautiful to boot. They are more expensive but not too expensive.

Give us a better idea of what you are looking to spend and whether you are going with tubes or solid state. With more info you will get more responses. Joe

Such super efficient horn speakers would be best mated with tube amps, like the Jolida integrated or the Antique Sound Lab integrated amps, especially if you are putting together a system for all but the loudest rock n roll.

Check out the recent review of the Antique Sound Lab MG-SI15DT Single Ended Integrated Tube Amplifier for that wonderful combination of tubes and horns. Go to:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_1/antique-sound-lab-15dt-tube-amp-1-2001.html

Although I would not criticize anyone who chooses a tube amp, to me it's kind of a dog/cat thing. Personally, I'm just not up to the hassle and expense. I like the sound of good solid state amps, therefore I would look for a high quality, low noise solid state amp in the 50 to 100 watt range.

------------------

JDMcCall