Opinions on In-wall/In-ceiling

cbanoles

Hello all,

I have posted previously, and got some positive feedback concerning using Klipsch in-walls for rear surrounds. At this point I will be using two CDT-5650 or two CDT-5800 for my rear surround in-ceiling. While I know the preference is for in-wall over in-ceiling in this application, my setup limits me from using in wall, and requires the ceiling mount. I am now considering going all in-wall/in-ceiling, and would appreciate any input.

A couple of questions -

Anyone have a preference for the 5650 over the 5800? I was leaning toward the smaller size, but for surrounds, would the 8" be a better fit.

Also, if I were to go with the R-5650/R-5800 (in-wall) as my front speakers, which is the best model for home theater movie watching? I know I won't get RF82/RF83 type dynamics, but of these two, what are the performance differences?

Of the R5650/R-5800, which is better designed as a center channel? And, if I installed the R-5800 as my L and R, would the R-5650 be a poor match, or be overpowered, in the center position? My concern is the 8" would not provide the clarity a center channel needs to reproduce for movies.

Lastly, what sub (don't want to go in-wall with this) would pair best? I am leaning towards the RSW-10d, but I am afraid it might overpower the in-wall/in-ceiling.

Any and all input is truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The 5800 goes a bit lower, down to 40hz, where the 5650 only goes to 52hz. But if your using a Sub it should'nt be an issue.. depending on sub settings.

If you do much 2 channel listening I would suggest going up to the KL-7800-THX for the power handling ability, for the fronts. the 7800 woudl make a good center also.

Also I have had a few customers who were very happy with the RT-10d