Se7en

VideoGUY

bought the dvd the other day cause its a great movie and saw the it was in DDex and DTSes....i was like sweet!! didn't really think there would be all that much need for it in this movie, just doesn't seem like a movie that would be that surround sound intensive like some action movies. but let me say, the DTSes sountrack in this movie is GREAT!! its a gotta hear if you haven't already. the rears are pumping out sound throuh almost the whole movie, it really sets you in, and the intro music is great, sounds like a variation of "i want to f**k you like and animal" utilizing and sweeping all five speakers...or more if you have a rear center. and throughout the rest of the movie the the soundtrack is great. one of my favorite parts was when they were dusting for prings behind the picture and the guy is sweeping the sprayer across the wall. the camera cuts so you are looking at him and and as the spayer sweeps left to right so does the sound on the front speakers....really cool.

check it out, and if you have already let me know what you think....you'll be impressed.

------------------

Home Theater System Includes:

-------------------

Sony STR-V444ES

Fronts: RF-3

Center: RC-3II

Rear: RS3-II

Sun: KSW-12 (Fuse: SB 1.2A)

TV: Sony WEGA 27"

DVD: Sony (Model# ?)

Just a "by the way". The version of the Nine Inch Nails track you hear at the beginning of Seven is remixed by the group Coil. You guys should check some of their stuff out. Especially their unrealeased themes to Hellraiser, the album Love's Secret Domain, Time Travellers & Stolen & Contaminated Songs. These guys have been around forever making great stuff. The playing around with sound you hear probably isn't even enhanced by the 5.1. They ALWAYS have had great panning and phasing effects on their tracks especially with a great pair of headphones.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire