Help with static!!!!!!!!

BlacKnight

I don't know what happened but all of the sudden I am getting obscene amounts of static if the volume is above a wisper. I took my speakers of to see if I could hook them to the tv (how do you do this btw? I have seen them hooked up to a portable dvd player.) and when I put them back on the comp I get horrible static. I checked all the volume software, reinstalled the drivers to my audigy xgamer, and checked all the connections, everything seems to be fine.

I've got Win ME and audigy xgamer and a cp-1. Please help.

oh and somthing that might help. Since I got the audigy every time I restart my computer the wav/mp3 volume went way up and I had to turn it down or it sounded like it does now. Is it possible that the changes I make aren't taking affect for some reason?

This message has been edited by BlacKnight on 12-31-2001 at 05:08 PM

take out the mini plugs from the speakers and clean them with alcohol.

does the amount, not volume but sheer amount, of static increase with th eturning of the volume or other knobs on the CP-1?

get a cd player with a heaphone output, plug in one of the promedia cord to it as if it were your cmputer... how does it sound, try the other cord.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

This sounds suspicously like crossed wires or somthing but I can't find it. After some more fiddling I have narrowed some things down first off the rear speakers work perfectly. The problem with the front speakers is that one they are very very staticy (is that a word? lol) and two when I run the test in the sb mixer for front left there is a spzzt sound and the the left speaker says "front right" nothing from the right speaker.

to answer your question when I turn the speakers up the static simply gets louder but does not increase signifigantly if at all.

This message has been edited by BlacKnight on 12-31-2001 at 05:34 PM

one year warranty on the system... the pod included i believe.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150