My amps vs different ones..Onkyo and Outlaw

Raptor22

I currently drive Chorus IIs, Academy, Quartets and occasionally RS-7s with Onkyo M-508, M-504 amd M-5060R. I have issues with one of my 504s and have been been "looking around". I have found 7 Outlaw M-200s for sell and was wondering what the thoughts of the board are. I am using a Denon 4306 as the pre/pro and mostly (95%) listen to HT movies and concerts. Per chance anyone ever had an opportunity to hear this combo?

I have not heard 200 watts X 7, but I have 160 watts X 7 @ 8 ohms and probally have 155 X7 virgin watts that have never been played.  The 1 - 5 watts X 7 that I am using sound real good.

I find that calibrated by Ratshack meter and SMS 1 (using SVS PB-12/Plus2) I read about 3-5 watts at 85 db, suggested Denon cal number. I started buying stereo gear while serving Uncle Sam and seemed to buy a new one every year while selling off the last one to friends. Never got to the "pinancle" but sounded better than anyone else's in my circle. Somehow back then I grew up believing that an amp with more wattage with all other advertised specs being equal would sound better. I have also been listening to my Klipsch driven by the Onkyo amps for a LONG time, 20 years or so. I wouldn't even dream of trying to replace the Klipsch, heck, just for the practical reason of I wouldn't know where to start! With that being said I would like to have a little more mellow sound and lose just a little of the harshness. I am slowly building the new xovers for the Chorus and Quarts with new caps from a forum member (Bob) and I am led to believe that any new caps will make the curve be a little more bright. I do get a little crazy late at night and crank up the wattage a wee bit hot, by that time I am not looking at the meters [6]. During a recent amplifier quick fix for a friend I had the opportunity to hear my front mains off a different amp. It was a Pioneer M-90 and it was smooooth. So now I find myself in a quandry, what amp setup do I get. I fiqure that if the auction site prices hold up until I decide I can get about 1500 - 1700 resale for what I have now. I need to feed 5 channels minimum. Sources are Directv HD-DVR, XBox 360 w/HD DVD, PS3 Blu-ray, Samsund DVD with 7.1 analog out to the Denon. Green meters ARE cool to look at though.

www.outlawaudio.com ...................take a look at Outlaw

looked at your link....the 990 looks like just a preamp/processor...for 1k

the TX-NR1000 is a full blown 7.1 HT reciever which includes 160X7 @8 ohms.   The TX-NX1000 has 7 196khz/24bit DAC chips, one for each channel.....the 990 only has one.